Super Bowl Medical Summit
Javier Cardenas, MD
Current evidence supports the active treatment of sport related concussion and other neurological injuries. Historical approaches have either included no treatment or strict rest. Various publications have described discrepancies in health care providers approach to concussion treatment.
Physicians, Nurses, Physical Therapists in sports medicine
- Identify the most common mechanism of concussion in football and other sports.
- Describe the tools and techniques used to identify concussions in athletes.
- List the game day medical personnel involved in emergency action planning for the NFL.
- Identify special populations at risk for concussions and traumatic brain injury.
Evaluation by questionnaire will address program content, presentation, and possible bias.
- 3.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 3.50 Attendance
- 0.75 Ethics