Basic Educators Certificate Course
The Basic Educator Course will establish a foundational knowledge of education theories and principles among participants in the course. It seeks to create a shared vocabulary and best practices for education across the spectrum of learners and context of learning.
This course targets all educators including K-12, college, school of health professions, research educators, and medical educators.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Discuss how the science of learning applies directly to the teaching and learning environment and design of instruction.
- Define learner-centered outcomes and compare it to classic teacher-centered approaches.
- Outline several different types of learner-centered teaching methods.
- Describe a framework for technology integration into existing learning modules using TPACK.
Lecture, Small Group Breakout Session, and Flipped Classroom
Evaluation by questionnaire will address program content, presentation, and possible bias.
Baylor College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Baylor College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 18.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 18.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 18.00 Participation