Working with High-Risk Youth: Child Trauma and Differential Diagnosis
Psychiatrists, psychologists, psychiatric nurses, social workers, and healthcare professionals in related disciplines need to receive regular updates on advances in neuroscience, psychiatric research, psychotherapy, and the evolving best practices for evaluating, diagnosing, and treating psychiatric disorders. The series aims to improve clinical practice through critical appraisal of psychiatric research, the use of evidence-based treatment approaches, and the integration of multiple treatment modalities to enhance the quality of psychiatric care and improve patient outcomes.
Physicians, fellows, residents, nurses, and other health professionals.
At the conclusion of the session, the participants should be able to:
- Analyze multiple definitions of trauma using the Three E Framework.
- Recognize the eight Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders diagnoses that share common symptoms with post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Discuss federal government trauma concerns regarding prescribing psychotropic medications for youth in child welfare.
- Describe the constitutional issue at stake in mental health, criminal, child welfare, and juvenile justice courts.
Baylor College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Baylor College of Medicine designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Social Work: The Baylor College of Medicine Division of Continuing Professional Development (License Number 7270) is an approved continuing education provider for Social Workers through the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners. This activity has been approved for 1.00 continuing education unit.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Participation
- 1.00 Social Work
Thank you for reviewing this Baylor College of Medicine on-demand activity. In order to complete the evaluation and claim credit for your participation, please select the appropriate payment option above. After payment has been completed, you will receive an email confirmation and receipt.
For any questions, contact email@example.com.