Primary Care Update 2022
Malvika Juneja, MD
The aim of this activity is to provide updates and advancements in healthcare that can set the stage for novel methodology in terms of delivery of care. Topics such as Artificial Intelligence, Atypical Diabetes, Long Covid Syndrome, and Point of Care Ultrasound are unconventional health topics. Thus, providers need to learn about standards of care, ethical considerations, and rationale behind adopting these practices. Providers will also learn to evaluate recommendations and guidelines for care of atypical health conditions in order to construct appropriate management plans for these less known health issues. With the emergence of point of care ultrasound in ambulatory medicine, this hands-on workshop will provide skills and procedural competencies for its utilization in ambulatory practices.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant(s) will be able to:
- Determine best practices and updates for advancing healthcare with novel technologies
- Apply procedural competencies and skills towards providing a comprehensive primary care platform for patients
- Implement evidence-based management plans for patients with atypical presentations
- Employ high quality and patient safety standards in clinical care
- Support need for methodology to consider ethical and practical implications of clinical Artificial Intelligence
This activity is for Primary Care Providers, Advanced Practice Professionals, Medical Students, Residents, and Fellows.
Lecture, Small Group Breakout Sessions, Simulation, and Skill-based Training Workshop
Evaluation by questionnaire will address program content, presentation, and possible bias.
Baylor College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Baylor College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The presentation, Clinical AI- Global Development and Ethical Considerations, has been designated by Baylor College of Medicine for 1.00 credit of education in medical ethics and/or professional responsibility.
- 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 7.00 Attendance
- 1.00 Ethics