Increasing Efficacy of Treatment for Survivors of Human Trafficking: Treating PTSD and Complex PTSD through a Collaborative Approach
Faculty and trainees within the Department of Medicine who are involved in the care of patients need to receive regular updates on recent advances and guidelines in the field of internal medicine. Clinical scenarios will be used to review the current management of common medical conditions, including chronic pain and opioid abuse. Multidisciplinary sessions will also be used to educate learners about human trafficking and the role of physicians in identifying and assisting victims in the community. The overall aim of the series is to advance clinical knowledge, enhance the quality of patient care, and improve treatment outcomes.
Physicians, medical students, fellows, and residents.
At the conclusion of the session, the participants should be able to:
- Differentiate between PTSD and complex PTSD.
- Explain the importance of PTSD assessment in determining best and ethical practices in terms of immediate treatment.
- Identify the range of trauma treatments available and key evidence for the use of EMDR 2.0 in the treatment of trauma.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and coordination in the treatment of trafficking survivors.
- Describe the benefits of EMDR 2.0 and the intensive model of trauma treatment created and researched by Ad de Jongh and Suzy Matthijssen in the Netherlands.
Baylor College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Baylor College of Medicine designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Ethics
- 1.00 Participation
- 1.00 Social Work
Thank you for reviewing this Baylor College of Medicine on-demand activity. In order to complete the evaluation and claim credit for your participation, please select the appropriate payment option above. After payment has been completed, you will receive an email confirmation and receipt.
For any questions, contact email@example.com.