Appropriate Testing for Pharyngitis Toolkit
This activity is intended for Physicians and Advanced Practice Professionals.
At the conclusion of the session, the participants should be able to:
- Define the CMS 146 metric, specifically addressing its criteria for Appropriate Testing for Pharyngitis.
- Discuss the reasoning behind the development of a guideline for appropriate pharyngitis testing.
- Describe the point system used to for determining appropriate testing.
- List the steps to document the order for point of care testing and the subsequent test results in both the Epic and ECW Electronic Health Record Systems.
- Identify strategies for closing the gap in compliance with the CMS 146 metric.
Baylor College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Baylor College of Medicine designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.25 Participation