58th Annual PM&R Review Course
March 16 - March 22, 2024
As part of requirements for certification by the ABPMR, candidates must demonstrate satisfactory performance on an examination conducted by the ABPMR covering the field of PM&R. The examination for certification is given in two parts Part II (computer based) and Part II (oral). This is a review course geared toward physicians who are preparing to take their board certification examination (either written or oral boards) in the specialty of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Lisa Wenzel, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Baylor College of Medicine
This activity is intended for physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians, residents and fellows, family medicine physicians, orthopedic surgeons, neurorehabilitation physicians, and allied health professionals in the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Identify and describe the anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology of disease and injuries that lead to the development of physical and cognitive disabilities.
- Describe and evaluate the physical medicine and rehabilitation methods and modalities used in treating persons with injuries, diseases, and disabilities.
- Identify techniques for risk factor modification, diagnosis, and treatment of predictable medical complications for persons with disabilities.
- Describe state of the art clinical practice of physiatry based on current research in physical medicine and rehabilitation and associated fields.
- Apply the latest evidence of evaluation and management of physical medicine and rehabilitation into clinical practice
Lecture, Panel Discussion, Case Study, Questions and Answers, and Small Group Breakout Session
Evaluation by questionnaire will address program content, presentation, and possible bias.