Please check the individual session for location or broadcast availability.
Jaime Ortiz, MD, MBA
Target Audience and Needs
Anesthesiologists, certified registered nurse anesthetists, student nurse anesthetists, nurse practitioners, certified anesthesiology assistants, and anesthesiology fellows, residents, and medical students need to receive regular updates on new advances in anesthesiology research and technologies. Expert presentations on cutting-edge anesthesiology topics will be used as an impetus for discussion. The aim of the series is to expand clinical knowledge, improve competence, enhance the quality of anesthesiology care, and improve patient outcomes.
Educational methods will include lectures, case presentations, literature review, and panel discussion.
At the conclusion of the sessions, the participants should be able to:
- Discuss advances in the management of trauma and critically ill patients in the operating room.
- Develop strategies to manage conflict and concerns about professional behavior in the perioperative setting.
- Describe how basic science research can be applied to the care of patients in the operating room.
- Review advances in obstetric and regional anesthesia practice.
- Assess and properly treat perioperative conditions to improve patient outcomes.
Participants may be asked to complete a session evaluation.
Baylor College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Baylor College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.